You Attract What You Think About!

Simple, real, everyday examples that demonstrate how your thoughts create everything in your life; year to year, day to day, moment to moment...



And the mind-bogglingly true, real-life, personal examples of how,


when you change what you think,

your life presents you with everything you have always wanted.



Monday, August 15, 2011

Dreams!

Dreams are indicators of how you have been feeling.

Over time, we get into habits of thought that do not feel good, but we become so used to feeling that way, it seems normal.

Several years ago, just before learning about Law of Attraction, I had been awakened numerous times by terrifying dreams of someone trying to kill me.
The dreams got more and more intense and I began running out of the room to save myself.

Rather than look at the details of a dream, the question to ask is, how did the dream feel?
To me, the dreams felt scary and I felt helpless.

Was there an area of my life in which I felt afraid and powerless
Absolutely! 
In my work I was feeling a sense of foreboding about having massive responsibility to please customers and employees and the bank and the vendors, while at the same time feeling no sense of control over any of it.  Even after having worked as my own boss in the industry for 20 years, the stakes seemed to be getting higher and higher and the pressure to please others, and myself, was unbearable.

However, because these feelings had evolved over time, I thought the way I felt was normal!  I had acclimated to frequent feelings of fear and powerlessness.

In seeking an answer to resolving my dreams, I went to an acupuncturist who put me through a visualization exercise.  She had me imagine myself in a beautiful place, and she told me to embellish it in any way I wanted.  I visualized myself in a boat watching dolphins and whales.
I found myself feeling ecstatic!  But what was most startling to me was I was suddenly able to compare how I normally felt, to how I could feel, just by changing my thoughts.  I got the very first glimpse into how thoughts effect how I feel, and also that I had been feeling chronically bad!

This event coincided with my new awareness  of Law of Attraction, and as I began to care how I felt, I never had another bad dream.

In fact the better I felt, the more I had fantastic dreams and also fantastic outcomes at work.

One of the keys to feeling better is to stop trying to control anything.  It can't be done.  But you can control how you feel, and then everything unfolds the way you want it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment