You Attract What You Think About!

Simple, real, everyday examples that demonstrate how your thoughts create everything in your life; year to year, day to day, moment to moment...



And the mind-bogglingly true, real-life, personal examples of how,


when you change what you think,

your life presents you with everything you have always wanted.



Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Autism and Relationships

 My husband at the time was appalled that I didn't like Star Wars. I had seen one episode, and snatches of others, but I just couldn't watch it.

He was offended that something he loved was something I didn't like. He took it personally. Of course it's not personal.

For me as an autistic person, I was overwhelmed by the violence, the flashing lights, the loud music, the unpleasant-looking alien beings.  The battle scenes literally put me to sleep from the sensory overload.

I did see moments of sweetness and funny characters in R2d2 and C3PO. But the majority of the imagery was overwhelming for me.

There's probably wonderful wisdom in Star Wars about using the force. But this form is not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment