You Attract What You Think About!

Simple, real, everyday examples that demonstrate how your thoughts create everything in your life; year to year, day to day, moment to moment...



And the mind-bogglingly true, real-life, personal examples of how,


when you change what you think,

your life presents you with everything you have always wanted.



Saturday, April 9, 2022

Going to Italy

I was getting a divorce and wanted to go on a vacation by myself.

I knew I wanted to go to Europe somewhere.

 I applied to be a horse trekking guide at a hotel in Tuscany after seeing an ad on the interwebs.

I had never been to Tuscany but the idea of trekking on horseback was irresistible.

The hotel told me I couldn't have the job because it was only for students, since it was a work-trade situation.

I was so drawn to the location I said I would come anyway and stay as a guest for a little while.  I didn't have money to stay for long.

The owners of the hotel picked me up from the airport, and during the 45 min drive they talked to me ...

They then said, the manager of the trekking program had just broken her arm... Could I take over her role?  And by the way do you speak German?

Yes! Yes I can, and yes I do!

The day after i arrived in the country I was on horseback leading a trek with a hand-drawn map, speaking German, through vineyards and forests of Tuscany.

Over the next two weeks, I was talking to the other guests on the porch in the evenings and i realized half of them were not riders. They didn't have much to do.  They were there with their horsey partners.

I suggested to the owners that they offer excursions by car...  They said, "YES,! That's a great idea. Let's start a company together, include other hotels, and you be the president.". 

I said, Okay, let's do that!"

No comments:

Post a Comment